Yesterday we talked about the danger of spiritual pride from 1 Corinthians 1:1-9. In my message I said that gratitude is the only way to defeat spiritual pride in your life. Then, I challenged everyone to find time to count their spiritual blessings. Since I issued the challenge, I thought I would share my list with everyone today.
- I am thankful that my sins are not counted against me. I’m forgiven.
- I am thankful God chose to love me before I love Him. He took the initiative.
- I am thankful God has called me to be one of His “saints,” and to be a pastor.
- I am thankful to be counted with and connected to Jesus Christ. He’s not just an abstract concept or a historical, He’s my friend.
- I am thankful the members of my family are also growing in their relationship s with Jesus Christ.
- I am thankful that God has declared me holy and is helping me become holier day by day (some days more than others).
- I am thankful I can talk with God anytime through prayer. Even though I don’t take advantage of this access like I should, I am grateful for it.
- I am thankful that I know where I am going when I die. I will be in heaven with Jesus Christ for eternity.
- I am thankful God is building His church right here in Ashland and that I get a front row seat to what He is doing.
- I am thankful God is faithful and He will complete the work that He has started in my life (Philippians 1:6).
What spiritual blessings are you thankful for today? You can add your list as a comment at the end of this post. You can also read an introduction to my sermon series on 1 Corinthians here. Hope to see you again next Sunday!